Achieve your dreams: Six steps to accomplish your goals and resolutions. Don't let your goals and resolutions fall by the wayside. Chances are that to achieve your dreams and live a life you love, those goals and resolutions are crucial. Goal setting and goal achievement are easier if you follow these six steps for effective and successful goal setting and resolution accomplishment . They must be in writing.
1) You need to deeply desire the goal or resolution. The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat.
So, your first step in goal setting and achieving your dreams is that you've got to really, really want to achieve the goal!
2) Visualize yourself achieving the goal. Human beings can alter their lives by altering their attitudes of mind. What will your achievement feel like? How will your life unfold differently as a result? Keep a picture of the item where you see and are reminded of it everyday. If you can't picture yourself achieving the goal, chances are...You won't!
3) Make a plan for the path you need to follow to accomplish the goal. Create action steps to follow. Identify the key accomplishments along the way, the most important steps that must happen for the goal to become a reality. You have to make sure that the blueprint is really what you want and that you've thought everything through. Begin every day with the end results in mind.
4) Commit to achieving the goal by writing down the goal. Lee Iacocca said "The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen". Write down the plan, the action steps and the critical path.
Writing down the goal, the plan and the time-line, sets events in motion.
5) Establish times for checking your progress in your calendar system. Day planner, hand written list, Outlook...If you're not making progress, don't let your optimism keep you from accomplishing your goals. No matter how positively you are thinking, you need to assess your lack of progress. Just know that something is and probably will go wrong. Take a look at all the factors that are keeping you from accomplishing your goal and develop a plan to overcome them. Add these plan steps to your calendar system as part of your goal achievement plan.
6) Review your overall progress regularly. Make sure you are making progress. Analyze where the goal is not being met.. Don't allow the goal to just fade away. Figure out what you need to do to accomplish it. Check the prior 5 steps starting with an assessment of how deeply you want to achieve the goal!
By: My Team