Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How do those people do it?

You hear the stories on the news or on the radio..... People who quit their job to pursue their dream. ( John Doe ) has a family and a wife and decided to quit his job to pursue his dream of being an arctic fisherman.... LOL .......I mean, I'm all for following your dreams. That's what I am trying to do. But when I actually hear how someone gave up a job, a good job, to go dog sledding across the country, I am amazed.

First, how are they paying their bills?
Do they have a partner that misses them?
Do they have kids that need them?


Managing time is something I am having a hard time doing. I am up at 5:30 a.m. It takes about another 45 minutes to get my kids up (when I don't sleep walk back to bed). They are just like me.... LMAO.... I have been told for years, so many years that I sleep walk and talk in my sleep. LOL I have been this way forever. And now my kids have inherited this fine trait of mine... LOL

I used to have a timer ( cooking timer) hooked up to my HUGE stereo.... I would have the speaker sitting in the hall, towards my bedroom, along with my alarm clark and I would still sleep walk to the timer, shut it off, and go back to bed... OMG, I was and still am bad. I am just NOT the morning person.

I am a late night person. Being up till 1 or 2 in the morning is nothing to me. This is when I work best. The kids are asleep. I tucked them in. Gave kisses and hugs and went back to work.

I realize that I am walking a fine line. I am trying SOOOO hard to work towards a near future of relaxation, freedom, time, money... All for me and my loved ones.... But then on the other hand, my kids need me now..... So it's difficult. I sometimes take a day off of work just to spend time with them... To let them know I love them and show them.... To have fun with them.

Everything I am doing is for my kids.... They may not know it right now, but they will. I just hope that they realize all the work I do is paying off.

To everyone, I wish you a good night !

No comments: