Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Days Of Staying Home Are In The Past....

The kids are out of school now. And I am able to be home with them to hopefully enjoy this summer together. I have always heard that a child needs their mother to be home with them until they are at least 5 yrs old. But with a 14 yr old, I'm beginning to think it's just as important to be home now for him as well. After all, I was once a teenager myself.

 Our kids seem to need us even more today than 20 years ago. And yet today it's harder for a parent to stay home and be there. So many children are left to get themselves ready and out the door to school all on their own. And many kids come home from school to an empty house until the parents come home from work. Sometimes the guilt that a parent has is enough to tear them up inside when they can't be there for their child. When most households need 2 incomes to get by.

The days of being a stay at home mom are in most part, just a memory. And it's our children that are paying for it. So, to all the parents that are able to stay home and raise their kids. I applaud you. And your children will only thank you later down the road.

No comments: