Thursday, April 12, 2007

I was the roller coaster queen...

Ok, it's that time of the year when I take my kids to this huge indoor amusement park. They advertise this for about a month on tv and I'm sure that it drives all the moms just as crazy as myself. LOL

Back in the day, (many days) I was the roller coaster queen. I remember going to Geauga Lake with my friend Lori and her family. We stayed all day and night until closing. And we did nothing but get on roller coaster after roller coaster. And all the rides that would spin and throw you around were the best. The more nauseous, the better.

My how things have changed. And I noticed it after I had my son. I took him to his first carnival. I stood in line for the merry go round. As I was waiting in line, watching the kids on the ride, I started feeling a little queasy. I remember thinking that maybe I needed to get something to eat. I grabbed my son and held him while we slowly started moving around in a circle. We began picking up speed and I began feeling really sick... LOL I remember hearing these stories from other women and it was then that I realized it was happening to me as well.

Let's fast forward a few years to last year, 2006. I took both of my kids to this same indoor amusement park and there I was, looking at little baby rides for my daughter and feeling all the motion sickness from just standing there watching these rides everywhere go round and round. It was official, I had changed.... I was no longer the thrill queen that loved to spin around. I could not even watch a merry go round anymore. I was getting older.... LOL

So here it is, 2 days to go and I am taking the kids back to this amusement park. So while my kids are out there being the thrill seekers that they are, I will be sitting on the sidelines with a paper bag in my hand... LMAO...

No comments: