Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Job Interview.....

Well I had an interview for a Quality Inspector position. The interview itself went pretty good I must say. However, there was this one part where I could not hold back how I really felt. Have you ever been in a moment where you have to put on a straight face as you are listening to something difficult ? Well, that was me. LOL

The guy seems pretty impressed with my history in quality and what I know and the certificates I achieved in the classes that I took. So he is showing me around the plant and then we go back into the office. He sits across from me and lets me know that they are hiring for first shift... I breathe a sigh of relief. First shift is the only shift that I can work. He explains that the hours are from 6:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. I immediately think of my daughter and daycare. I was not even sure what time the daycare opened in the mornings. And then I began thinking about her starting kindergarten next year. It's weird how they have kindergarten here. The kids go 2 whole days and 1 half day. Would this new job be flexible with me and my kids ? Then he tells me about the possibility of traveling to different plants and how I may need to be gone for a night or two. I feel a little uneasy with this information but I do remember my old boss having to do the same thing. I just tell myself that it does not happen often and that I will deal with it when it happens. And then comes the big foot that just crushes me.... He then tells me that I would be on call for 2nd and 3rd shift as well. That if something happened at the plant and they needed quality there, they would be calling me to come in and straighten it out. My heart sank as I tried to swallow back the lump in my throat and play it off like it was nothing. But I know he could see the hesitation on my face. That was something that would be extremely hard. To find a babysitter at the last minute during 2nd or 3rd shift.

So this will be another great job that will not work for me. I will not be pursuing this. (feeling very frustrated) but will keep on moving ahead.....



No comments: