Sunday, March 25, 2007

Then came my little girl...

Where to start.... She is a girl. LOL. I don't care what anyone says, boys are easier. My son was always so laid back, easy going, happy go lucky and loved to laugh. He still is. I would take him around the room and point at everything and make him say it back to me. I would read to him all the time. And even spell things for him. I really was the role model of a mom. I had it all together. I was the ideal work at home mom.

My daughter is soooo opposite. I had a hard pregnancy with her. And my stress level was at it's MAX !!! Ohh, by the way, did I mention that she had colic up until she was 10 weeks old? Boy, that was a fun little ride. ( NOT ). I'm not sure if that contributed to her being so set in her ways and so stubborn. Or, as I am learning, she is just like me when I was her age. Boy the crazy things I did. Popping a couple coins and swallowing them was nothing for me. I guess I would stick bobby pins in the light sockets and get a little zap. I would cry and then go do it again... LOL (maybe that explains the bad choices I used to continue making over and over again). And I was known for climbing the metal antenna that was clamped to the side of our house. I would shimmy my way up to the roof of the house trying to hide, knowing my mom was scared of heights and would not get me down. She would have to call my dad and have him come and rescue me down. Now, I look at my little girl. So beautiful. So unique. Yet, she scares me. I worry about things with her that I have not worried about with my son. I wonder if she is going to be the rebellious type. Will she get involved with drugs, alcohol, the wrong men, an eating disorder. Remember, she is only 3. So to give you an example of how she is, here is the scenario. It was morning. we were all getting ready and I asked my daughter if she was getting dressed. She came into the bathroom where I was, looked up at me and put her little hands on her hip, saying, " I am dressed, duh ".... Omg, the attitude..... LOL

Currently, I am not a work at home mom. I am working towards that goal. I know that I need to be here, now, more than ever. And, my business that I work a few hours every weeks, is slowly getting me there. I see the progress. And I know where I will be. Thank you, to my children, for keeping me grounded, focused and devoted. I love you both, forever and ever, and always.....

No comments: