Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Am I really pushing him away?

Ok, so this is where I'm at..... When it comes to my home business, I am the bomb. I love it and I am good at it. But when it comes to relationships, men in general, I have been out of the loop for a little while. LOL And I have it that way on purpose.

See, I know how relationships work. You meet some one and get all caught up in the moment, and you can't talk to each other enough and see each other enough....And if I let that happen, what will happen? Well, I will tell you... LOL That will take time away from what I have been busting my butt for... My business..

I am a VERY determined, focused and goal oriented person. I plan on being home full time and running my business soon enough. If I allow myself to get mixed up in a relationship, I will then have my focus taken away from my goals... And I don't want to do that. I have worked too hard to let that happen. I still can't believe that I took last Friday night off... LMAO

Now, this guy I met, (let's call him Jeff since you already know his name )... LOL says that I am trying to push him away......As much as I would love to meet someone and be able to spend the rest of my life with that person, that's also how important it is for me to run my business and reach my goals..

If I were a single person with no kids, I would not be this way or feel this way. But everything I am doing is because of my kids.... I want my kids to be proud of me as a single mother raising them. They look up to me. I know they will inherit some of my traits. I just want to make sure they get the good traits.... lol I want them to be able to say when they are older that "yes, my mom had a hard time for awhile, but boy, look at what she has done for us now"...... And I want to know that I did it on my own, for them.

Now here is a man that wants to spend time with me and get to know me better.... Yet, I am making excuses, or just telling him that I am way tooo busy. I am trying not to lose my focus. And he can easily distract me...LOL Now we are planning on going out this Saturday night. We are taking my kids to the movies... ( even I like Shrek)... LOL

I think that also meeting a man that does not have kids is raising flags for me..... Only someone that has kids really gets it. So many things I have said in the past (b4 kids) I said I would never let them do or behave a certain way and now that I have kids, they do behave or act that way. The way I said I would never let my kids behave... LOL It's just different when you have kids.

So, could I be pushing him away ? And if I am, am I pushing him away for the right or wrong reason?

No comments: