Friday, March 14, 2008

The Afghan Hound....

The sophisticated Afghan Hound. A very intelligent dog.

I was searching on the net for some pics so you can at least see the kind of dog that I am referring to.


OMG, it's been so long.... LOL... I can't even remember the colors they they refer to. I know there is brindle, cream, black and tan....



This color of the afghan is called Black and Tan. This was exactly like the last afghan I had.


I have always loved the Afghan Hound. Maybe because I grew up with them and that is the only kind of dog we ever had.





My mom was really into showing and breeding. Before I knew it, I found myself out there as a young girl showing them as well. I'm really having to think back a few years (more like 25 years) and remember some of the terms they used. (Stack).... I believe that is when you place the dog in a certain stance. I wish I had the photo album of all the ribbons that I received from showing. Alot of 1st and 2nd places plus others. Iit's been sooo long.





I would love to get another afghan. They are great with kids. Great personality, temperment, very loyal. Just beautiful dogs.

Maybe I will have my afghan sitting next to me in my Mustang (mach1 ) in the near future.


















No comments: