Advertising costs can ad up quickly. If you are on a tight budget you may feel that you can not afford to advertise. The fact is you can't afford not to advertise. Fortunately there are ways to advertise free and almost free. Here are several suggestions that will help you launch your business and achieve success.
Signs and Cards
* Design a card that is the size of a business card with 2 questions. These questions should ask your targeted market questions that lead them to a decision to call you. Example: If your targeted market is a consumer market, you might ask a question regarding using "Green Products." Then drop them every where you go. You can leave them in grocery carts, book stores, and every where you go. Drop them like bread crumbs in stores, business, school, and any where possible.
* Magnetic vehicle signs, lawn or sidewalk signs, T-shirts, fliers and so on are inexpensive.
* You can design business cards that stand out on your computer. Hand them out to everyone you meet and ask relatives and friends to do the same.
* Think about donating a free services or products for fund raisers in your area.
* Always include a drop card or business card in the envelope when paying bills.
* Use your local high school booster club news paper for inexpensive advertising. It goes for a good cause and it is normally cost effective.
* Give free seminars for community groups, mops, businesses, and organizations.
* Try a booth at local expos and fairs.
* Attend local business groups, networking groups, meetings and business card exchanges.
* Patronize other home-based and small businesses. Participate in cooperative advertising for special newspaper business supplements. Let other small business owners know that you want to business with them and would for them to do business with you.
* Post your business's drop cards, fliers, business cards and brochures on community bulletin boards.
* Free Classifieds
* Exchange advertising with other sites
* Exchange links with other sites
* Submit your site to search engines
* Use a business card signature on your emails with a link to your website
* Write articles for other sites and submit them with a back link to your site
* Send out newsworthy press releases to your local newspaper and through the Internet.
* Look for Free online Newspapers to place classified ads in.
* Be available for interviews on local radio and cable television shows.
* Contact your local news paper and offer to write articles once a month in exchange for a free ad.
* Place classified ads in free shopper papers.
* Look for online classifieds where you can place ads.
* Check with your local specialty publication to see if they do feature articles.
* Find local organization or communities where you can hold a fee demonstrations at trade shows and community or store events.
* Teach a course at local school or community college.
* Conduct workshops at business conferences or expos.
* Get creative and think about who needs to hear about what you offer and where you can find a targeted audience.
Use Your Customers To Help You Create More Business:
* It takes less effort to keep a customer than to get a new one! Let your existing customers know they are appreciated. Send a thank you, Birthday Card, or Seasonal Greeting Card. In that communication let them know you love referrals.
* Do something special for your long time customers.
* Always go the extra mile.
* Design a refrigerator magnet for your customers as a thank you. This keeps you and your product infront of the customer.
These are just a few of the many creative methods you can use to promote your business. Learn to think outside of the box and be creative. Don't be afraid to try ideas. If they don't work, you'll learn from it.
Written by Diane Gardner
Diane is a mother of 2, grandmother of 4, and the author of http://www.parentawarenesscenter.com/ and a work at home moms site http://www.wahmhotline.com that provides articles, help, free tools, and more for the mompreneur. Diane has been a successful entrepreneur for 20 years developing both off line and online businesses. She is dedicated to helping women and is a personal success coach. She has a passion for helping parents with health issues, natural alternatives, toxic awareness and much more. She is also dedicated to helping women in business and moms who would like to work from home successfully.