Monday, December 15, 2008

Hooray For All Teachers

ok... So I have been helping a friend out who runs a daycare....It's the same daycare that my daughter used to go to when I was working. And in return, they are helping me out. I am a long time parent there and knows everyone. And the current administration is leaving and a new one (who I know) is taking over. The old administration consists of FAMILY. It was all pretty much family run. Which is one of the reasons it attracted me to have my daughter go there. They are genuine and true. They really are as good as they come across.

So with the family leaving, it is nice to have someone (like myself) that is familiar to all the parents.
Someone that the parents could be comfortable leaving their kids with. And this was presented to me in a way that sounded so promising. And exciting. Which it is....But I have to admit after a few weeks, OHHH MY GOD..........I am exhausted!

I have done everything from working in the baby room... Which is the hardest. Hands down. So for all the parents that come in thinking that all we do is cuddle with the babies all day...... WOW..... You are so wrong. There is a tight schedule. And when there are 8-9 babies, crying at the same time.... That will test you. While 3 need to be changed, you have 4 that are hungry and 2 that are tired and want to go to sleep.... All I can say is, WOW!!!

Trying to teach a group of 3 year olds is impossible. You have one child off to the side, whipping shoes at another child. And a little girl in the middle, just taking all her clothes off.....And trying to keep the focus of all these kids is pretty much impossible.

I'm great at being a floater. A floater is someone that does alot of the physical work. accommodates all the needs to everyone else....All the other workers.....Makes sure everything and everyone is running in tip top shape. And that all their needs are met. You never have a minute to rest. But I like it that way.

I always felt that teachers and daycare workers did not make the money they really should have. But now I know from first hand experience that it's true.

I have a chance at advancing myself with this profession... But I have to honestly say......This is hard. I am spending more time with everyone else's kids than my own. And for the first time in my life, I am coming home EXHAUSTED. So my kids are getting a very tired mom and on a much less time frame than ever before.

I just want to give a BIG Hooray to all teachers and daycare workers. You are tremendous in my eyes.

No comments: