Monday, October 13, 2008

FactCheck.Org


Ok.... This election means alot to me... More so than others in the past. I feel like there is more at risk for so many of us, including myself. I'm more effected.

I do my research as far as job losses are concerned here where I live. And it's astounding to me.
When companies compile this list of job losses, they don't look at the reasons why someone lost their job. The fact is, they lost their job. For whatever reason. And I was one of them.

So when a couple ladies knocked on my door the other day to talk with me about the election, I was open and eager to hear what they had to say. Here, they represent Obama. We stood outside a good 20 minutes while they asked about my situation. And I told them everything.
We discussed a few differences between Obama and McCain. Where each party stood.... And yes, I double checked everything I was being told @
http://www.factcheck.org/ to verify what I had heard and learned.

Now I will be volunteering for the Obama campaign... To help out in any way I can. I will meet with other volunteers in my neighborhood and we will work together and try to give the information out to those that are still unsure of where they stand. And they can do their own checking as well.

I feel excited to be a part of this. I have to admit, I have not had one knock at the door from the McCain committee to check in with me and see how I am doing.

If you are still unsure of where you stand... Or need some more info, here's a good source.
http://www.factcheck.org/

No comments: