Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Big 40

Ok, there's something about the number 40.... It's different than 30. LOL. I mean turning 30, you still feel young and most things still feel new. But 40 is just different.

I will be turning 40 in a couple months. I'm not quit sure how I feel about it, yet. I do know that this is big for me. I want a huge party, all my friends and family....I want to share my life with the ones that I care about.

At 40, you know more than you did when you were 30 but not as much as you will when you are 50. So, there's alot more in store for me and alot I have learned along the way.

Here's What I Know:

1) I will NEVER get married. I have no desire to do so. Once upon a time I believed in marriage, vows and what they stood for. I still believe in marriage, I just don't want to get married. In my life, where I'm at today, I will not let anyone, again, dictate to me what I can and can't do. What I can or can't wear. That I can't pursue my dream, get a tattoo (yes, I once wanted a tattoo), or have one of my x-boyfriends kids over. (they were just kids wanting to visit me). This time in my life, it is My Way, or No Way. My how things have changed.

2) I know that happiness really does come from within yourself.

3) I know that I will always be there for my children, no matter what.

4) I know that you do get what you give.... Maybe that's why I'm blessed with so many friends.

5) I know that I would not be who I am, if not for my children.

6) I know that there is a God

7) I know that my kids will live with me way longer than I anticipate.... LOL.... My son tells me he is never moving out. LOL.

8) I know that where we will be, is determined on how hard I work today.

9) I know that for me, unconditional love can only be found in God and in my children.

10) I know that things are just material, you can't take it with you when you die.


Of course there is more... But too much to sit here and write about.

I just wonder what I will have learned when I am looking at turning 50?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying reading your blog. Thank you for sharing.